Location and Job Title:
Access Coordination and Case Management Supervisor
Mid-Island Y Jewish Community Center
45 Manetto Hill Rd
Plainview, NY 11803
The Mid-Island Y JCC - The Center of it all, is looking for a full-time Supervisor of Access Coordination & Case Management Services!
Summary: Supervise & Assist Access Coordinators and Case Managers with assisting families & clients with special needs with navigating entitlements and eligibilities.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Model and promote the organization's mission, values, and guiding principles through positive attitude, appropriate appearance, words, and actions; as well as comply with the organization's policies and procedures.
- Engage in opportunities to positively interact with members leading to a positive member experience.
- Perform & train staff to outreach to families to inquire about families that may need services.
- Train staff to help families to gather paperwork for eligibility for IEP (IEP for special education, or ISP for OPWDD purposes)
- Help families to gather paperwork for eligibility for IEP, Psychosocial, diagnoses from doctors and psychologist, applying for Medicaid and Social Security, district testing, etc.
- Assist families without updated psychological and psychosocial evaluations by referring them to at no cost or low-cost evaluations with state funded agencies.
- Attend workshops through OPWDD and keep up to date with the state regulations and requirements.
- Submit OPWDD eligibility applications with related documents to the Long Island regional office.
- Introduce Self-direction including linkages to MSC's, care coordinators and family support brokers
- Plan, implement, supervise and lead support and informational groups.
- Plan, and lead presentations to educate families, professionals and the community.
- Maintain consistent and personal contact with participants and their families.
- Create and utilize assessment tools, facilitating intake process for participants, ages 30 - 50 with I/DD in need of comprehensive supports across Long Island
- Caseload of 8-10 Comprehensive Case Management clients
- Ability to create and put forth action plans
- Provide referrals for evaluations needed to apply for NYS benefits/entitlements and additional services; collect evaluations to keep organized for participant and provide to appropriate parties as necessary with consent
Supervise all Access Coordinators and Comprehensive Case Managers
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This position is full-time 40 hours per week. Days and hours are generally Monday-Friday, 8 hours per day.
Required Education and Experience
- LMSW required
- Previous case management and supervisory experience required
- 8 + years' experience working with participants and families with special needs.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Good Customer Service Skills
- Demonstrate respect and responsibility to participant's and families
$55,000 - $65,000
The Mid-Island Y Jewish Community Center was founded in 1956 to serve Nassau and Western Suffolk counties. More than 12,000 members and patrons benefit from the human services we provide. For more than 50 years, we have been teaching the young, caring for the aged, counseling the bereaved and providing social, cultural, educational and recreational programs to individuals and families of all ages, faiths and backgrounds. The Mid-Island Y JCC is a UJA-Federation agency and is affiliated with United Way and the JCC Association of North America.