Location and Job Title:
Shorefront YM-YWHA of Brighton Manhattan Beach
3300 Coney Island Ave
Brooklyn, NY 11235
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to Anneta Rozenberg at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Provide direct social services to clients, including, but not limited to, case management, information and assistance, crisis intervention, assistance with benefits, entitlements, and housing issues, advocacy, counseling, translation, service collaboration and coordination with outside agencies.
- Conduct regular follow-up to ensure that participants' needs are met.
- Meet contractual obligations related to service units and other requirements.
- Prepare case records, statistics, and other required information and documents; prepare/assist with reports.
- Participate in the community-building efforts; conduct outreach and community education; collaborate with volunteers.
- Plan and assist with events and activities as needed.
- Work with other agency staff on joint programs, program development and implementation. Coordinate programming with partner organizations.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor
Bachelor's degree in social work or a related discipline. Master's degree preferred. Strong organizational, interpersonal, writing, computer, time management and multitasking skills. Fluency in English and Russian. Ability to work effectively both individually and as part of a team. Experience and interest in working with older adults. Demonstrated case work experience preferred
$45,000 - $55,000
Located in the heart of the largest Russian speaking community in North America, the Shorefront YM-YWHA has been committed to serving the diverse population of Brighton-Manhattan Beach for over half a century. A vibrant Jewish community center and social service agency, the Shorefront Y integrates immigrants into American society, inspires families and individuals to reconnect to their Jewish roots and provides a full array of cultural, educational, wellness, immigrant and human social services for people of all ages year-round.