Location and Job Title:
Member and Guest Services Sales Coordinator
JCC of Greater Baltimore
3506 Gwynnbrook Ave
Owings Mills, MD 21117
The Member Services Sales Coordinator is responsible for the promotion and sales of memberships and programs to our current and potential members. The Member Services Sales Coordinator will develop relationships with prospective members, current members, and other groups in the community to grow our membership revenue.
This position is responsible for being fully knowledgeable about the center and its programs/services, delivering the highest level of customer service to our members and potential members/guests, exemplifying professionalism, and ensuring adherence to the values and mission of the JCC.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Achieve individual and team goals through agency sales practices including appointment scheduling, selling, relationship building, and outreach/retention.
- Consistently offer the highest level of customer service. Our aim is to create long lasting relationships in a welcoming hospitable environment. Recognize members using their name and engage in informal conversations frequently.
- Responsible for determining the needs of prospective and current members through consultative sales approach and building relationships.
- Resolve member issues in an empathetic manner. Listen-Empathize-Apologize and Fix
- Process membership applications, including payments, accurately and in a timely manner.
- Adhere to the new member on boarding processes.
- Lead facility tours.
- Utilize a lead generation system to track prospective members.
- Respond to all inquiries in a timely (within 24 business hours), professional, and courteous manner. This includes telephone, email and in person responses.
- Demonstrate awareness of the importance of our membership by engaging in conversation with members and guests to retain and increase membership loyalty.
- Maintain accurate and up to date information in CRM database/Salesforce.
- Coordinate and/or assist and participate in all members, guests, and JCC events, promotions, and special projects as necessary or required.
- Maintain high level of self-motivation to achieve personal goals.
- Always represent the JCC in a positive and professional manner, demonstrating the values presented in our Mission and Vision statements.
- Attend department meetings and trainings as necessary or required.
- Act in a leadership role when key staff are absent from facility.
- Assist Welcome Desk with coverage inside the building and outside at the Shapiro Rec-Park as necessary.
- Perform other duties as necessary or assigned.
- Follow covid protocols as outlined by the JCC.
WHO YOU ARE:
- Associate or bachelor's degree preferred.
- Previous consultative sales experience in a membership-driven organization.
- Background in a hospitality and/or retail environment.
- Outstanding communicator, connector, and relationship developer; possess exceptional interpersonal skills.
- A positive, warm, friendly, and flexible attitude.
- Strong knowledge of and confidence using computer software, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), email and internet. Experience with CRM database. Salesforce a plus.
PHYSICAL SKILLS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to moderate to loud noise levels.
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations must be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit or stand for long periods of time; use a computer; talk and hear. The employee may also be required to reach, grab, and grip with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee may, at times, be required to lift, pull.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
JCC membership is like becoming a part of a family, everyone truly is welcome! Drop by and take a tour; you won't believe how many wonderful recreational, educational, social and cultural activities you will find here. There really is something for everyone! Members enjoy a wide variety of benefits including free group fitness classes and use of our Fitness Center, Aquatics Center, Parenting Center, Teen Center and Performing Arts Center. Special member rates save you money on many classes and events as well.