Location and Job Title:
Assistant Facilities Manager (Central Queens Site)
Commonpoint Queens - Samuel Field Y
58-20 Little Neck Parkway
Little Neck, NY 11362
The Assistant Facilities Manager, under the supervision of the Director of Facilities, is responsible for supervising and managing the Maintenance and Housekeeping (Porter) functions of Commonpoint Queens Sites and related facilities and ensuring that the buildings & grounds are maintained to the highest standard. The specific responsibilities of this full-time exempt position include:
- Supervise all maintenance staff and/or Handymen at the Commonpoint Queens Central Queens Site.
- Help Create daily, weekly, schedules and checklist for service and repair
- Assist in creating and implementing a Preventive maintenance plan for entire facility
- Work in a hands-on capacity to repair and maintain the facility and grounds
- Maintain the outside facilities and grounds
- Help Maintain Alarm, HVAC and all mechanical systems with outside vendors
- Supervise and help coordinate all room/program set-ups
- Inventory and order all supplies necessary for appropriate maintenance of the facility
- Assist in supervision of work performed by all outside contractors
II. Housekeeping/Porter Services
- Supervise housekeeping/Porter staff
- Create daily, weekly, monthly, checklists for cleaning of facilities
- Inventory and order all supplies necessary for appropriate cleaning of the facilities
- Assist in setting goals, preparing and monitoring budgets for Maintenance and Housekeeping for Central Queens.
- Maintain records
- Purchase supplies, equipment, etc.
- Overall responsibility for Center coverage when assigned
- Assist in the preparation of annual performance evaluations for all Maintenance and Porter staff
IV. Agency Responsibilities
- Participation in staff meetings and staff training sessions
- Regular supervisory conferences with Director of Facilities
- Annual job performance evaluation by Director of Facilities
- Perform any other tasks that are required as determined by the Director of Facilities
The Assistant Facilities Manager is required to be organized, hardworking, conscientious and personable and must always be a positive representative of the Agency to the community. It should be recognized that the Assistant Facilities Manager will be required to work at night or on occasion on the weekends. It should also be recognized that this job description may change, based on the needs of the agency.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND REQUIRED COMPETENCIES
- High school Diploma Required; Associates degree preferred
- 5-10 years of experience preferably in a not for profit organization
- Possess outstanding social skills and emotional maturity.
- Possess incredible attention to detail
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel and Power Point), Adobe Acrobat and Social Media web platforms and the G-suite including Gmail, Google Calendar and the Google Drive including the ability to live-edit documents
- Demonstrate professionalism at all times and remain positive/upbeat when interacting with /responding to staff and constituents.
- Must be comfortable making repairs, speaking to staff, dealing with vendors and contractors.
- Must be detail oriented and well organized with the ability to follow up on all facility related issues.
- Must be flexible and able to handle multiple projects at the same time.
- Ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations.
- Strong written and verbal communication, administrative and organizational skills.
- Ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities.
- Ability to work independently on projects, from conception to completion
- Must be able to work under pressure
- Comfortable working within a fast-paced, demanding work environment
- Ability to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion.
- Must be able to drive and be willing to travel between multiple agency sites and within the NY Metro area. Occasional weekend and evening hours will be necessary.
Commonpoint Queens is an equal opportunity employer/program
Commonpoint Queens is a non-profit, multi service agency with a flagship site in Forest Hills and 33 additional sites throughout the community that provides a diverse array of programs and services to over 35,000. Our mission is to sustain and enhance the quality of family and individual life for all members of our community, regardless of religion, ethnic or cultural background, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual preference, age, or disability, within a pervasive and inclusive environment that facilitates individual growth, meets individual needs and builds community. We accomplish this mission through a broad range of social, educational, and recreational services that reach community members of all ages and backgrounds.