Location and Job Title:
Enrichment Administrative Assistant
The Roth Family JCC of Greater Orlando
851 N Maitland Ave.
Maitland, FL 32751
Administrative Assistant duties include providing administrative support to ensure efficient operation of the Sports, Fitness, and Aquatics department. Supports the department director and employees through a variety of tasks related to organization and communication. Responsible for confidential and time sensitive material. Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures. Ability to communicate effectively via phone and email. Ability to multitask and complete duties accurately and in a timely manner. Flexibility and willingness to take on a variety of tasks for the department. Excellent computer skills and proficiency in Windows and Microsoft Office. Strong social media skills. Reports to the Sports, Fitness, and Aquatics director.
- Organize and schedule meetings and appointments
- Answer and direct phone calls
- Maintain contact lists
- Generate reports
- Order office supplies
- Submit and reconcile expense reports
- Provide general support to guests
- Assist with correspondence
- Prepare and monitor invoices
- Research as needed to assist Director in preparing presentations and reports
- Ensure operation of equipment by completing preventative maintenance requirements; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques
- Maintain supplies inventory by checking to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies
- Carry out administrative duties such as filing, typing, copying, scanning, etc.
- Coordinate with marketing team to prepare marketing materials including fliers, posters, social media posts, etc.
- Do towel laundry and fold towels
- Maintain cleanliness in fitness department included but not limited to cleaning equipment, spin room and group ex studio
- Respond to all member and community inquiries in a timely manner
- Provide excellent customer service
- Support all JCC special events
- Other duties and special projects as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to multitask and complete projects in a timely manner with minimal supervision
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work as a team member
- Proven ability to effectively collaborate with an internal team, a cross-functional team, and external parties
- Demonstrated self-starter and can work independently
- First Aid and CPR Certifications required within 90 days of employment start date.
10 hours per week. $12/per hour.
The JCC is an equal opportunity employer to all qualified persons without regard to race, creed, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental handicap, or veteran status.
Since 1973, The Roth Family Jewish Community Center of Greater Orlando in Maitland has been the center of Jewish life in Central Florida and home to award-winning preschool, after school, summer camp, fitness, sports, arts and community programs.