Location and Job Title:
Assistant Camp Director - JCC Camps at Medford
Betty & Milton Katz JCC
1301 Springdale Rd.
Cherry Hill, NJ 08003
- Lead on staff recruitment and retention
Researching, setting up, and leading tables at hiring fairs and other community events
Local high school and college outreach for hiring
Gatekeeper of applications for prospective staff
- Lead on staff experience development
Staff appreciation and reunion events
Planning for staff bonding experiences with seasonal leadership team
- Participate in camper recruitment - participate in marketing, open houses, camp fairs, parlor meetings, synagogues, social media, etc.
- Attend various conferences and trainings, for the purpose of staying current and keeping camp cutting edge
- Creating and implementing Camp 365 programming- year-round camp events, vacation days in conjunction with the Children's Coordinator, camper and staff reunions
- Assist with young alumni engagement
- On call responsibilities during Camp season and when Director and Associate Director are unavailable
- Work with seasonal directors on bunking and review of camper important information
- Work in partnership with Camp Director to create annual Jewish theme guide
- Coordinate Judaic, Israel, and Social Justice programming at Camp including but not limited to Israel Week, Ruach Week, and more.
- Coordinate Shlichim (Israeli emissaries) and host families
- Coordinate Maccabiah Color War programming including camp-wide break, special schedules, and swag
- Coordinate special events, theme days, and special guests at camp
- Create weekly newsletter during camp season and monthly newsletter in off-season (with JCC Marketing Department)
Coordinate social media (with Camp Director and JCC Marketing Department)
Qualifications: The successful candidate will have the following characteristics, experience, skills and attributes:
- Master preferred but at minimum a bachelor's degree, preferably in education, social work, psychology, communications, nonprofit management, recreation, or a related field
- Strong background in Jewish day or residential camping
- Working knowledge of Judaism, Jewish community and Jewish traditions, with experience in formal or informal Jewish education. Appreciation for the wide and continuously evolving range of Jewish cultural and religious practice.
- Entrepreneurial and willing to take risks with new program concepts
- Enthusiastic, adaptable, dependable, and possesses an excellent work ethic
- Love of working with children and families
- Articulate and possesses excellent customer service skills. Manages difficult or emotional customer situations. Treats others with respect and consideration
- Superior Interpersonal and Supervisory Skills - Adapt to changing work environments and maintains a good working relationship with co-workers, supervisees, lay people and others. Shares skills with others
- Must be self-directed with ability to accept guidance and supervision
- Able to work effectively both independently and with a team
- Ability to manage multiple projects and portfolios simultaneously
- Strong administrative skills. Should possess computer skills (including use of Microsoft Office suite)
Must be available and flexible for some evening and weekend hours
$45,000 - $55,000
Our Mission: The JCC Camps at Medford enriches the lives of children by teaching values and life skills in a fun, safe, inclusive, Jewish environment while building confidence, sharing successes, and creating lasting friendships and memories.