Location and Job Title:
Commonpoint Queens - Samuel Field Y
58-20 Little Neck Parkway
Little Neck, NY 11362
The full-time operations administrative assistant will be responsible for a variety of tasks to help create more efficiency in the agency's operations department. The operations office is fast-paced, filled with hard working staff who are passionate about Commonpoint Queens' mission as well as caring for those in need in general. This position may require occasional evening and weekend work. The operations administrative assistant provides an excellent opportunity to gain significant experience with nonprofit operations. (S)he will work closely with the facility directors, and report directly to the VP of Operations.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE JOB
- Provide administrative support for the VP of Operations.
- Help answer emails and call for emergency maintenance issues.
- Create check requests for capital projects and operational expenses on a weekly basis.
- Manage credit card receipts and reconcile operational expenses.
- Organize all files using google drive for agency operations.
- Meet with vendors for various quotes when necessary.
- Assist in creating monthly operations check-in with all staff.
- Monitor the ticket system for facilities.
- Maintain a database of vendors and assist in calling vendors when necessary
- Help manage calendar of VP of operations
- Renewal of permits of FDNY, DOB, DOH, DOE, Water Board, and other government agencies.
- Manage the google drive to ensure all architectural drawings are up to date and filed correctly.
- Ensure all security protocol contact lists are regularly updated.
- Help coordinate safety trainings
- Coordinate capital projects as needed
- Teach lifeguarding and CPR classes monthly
- Other projects as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES
- Proficiency with MS Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Publisher) and Google Docs
- Excellent proofreading and grammar skills
- Be able to drive to different sites
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Meticulous attention to detail and can keep a handle on a large number of simultaneous projects.
- Strong critical thinking and analytic abilities.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills.
- Team player, willing to participate in cross-division initiatives.
- Problem-solver with meticulous attention to detail.
- Friendly and enthusiastic.
- Ability To work in a fast paced environment and turn around assignments quickly.
- Proactive work ethic and common sense.
- Comfort and confidence in prioritizing work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
- Certified Pool Operator
- Red Cross Lifeguarding and CPR/AED Instructor
- Schedule: Full Time / 40 hours per week with adjusted hours for evenings and weekends as needed.
- Location: Multiple locations including Little Neck, Forest Hills and Bayside, Queens.
- Salary: $50,000
- Health benefits included
Commonpoint Queens is a non-profit, multi service agency with a flagship site in Forest Hills and 33 additional sites throughout the community that provides a diverse array of programs and services to over 35,000. Our mission is to sustain and enhance the quality of family and individual life for all members of our community, regardless of religion, ethnic or cultural background, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual preference, age, or disability, within a pervasive and inclusive environment that facilitates individual growth, meets individual needs and builds community. We accomplish this mission through a broad range of social, educational, and recreational services that reach community members of all ages and backgrounds.