Location and Job Title:
Assistant Aquatics Manager - Programming
Jewish Community Center of San Francisco
3200 California Street
San Francisco, CA 94118
Aquatics Manager - Programing is responsible for supervising,
scheduling, evaluating and training Swim Instructors and Aquatics
Program Coordinators while also managing the day-to-day operations of
the JCCSF Swim School. The ideal candidate should be able to understand
long term goals and outcomes of the program and implement practices to
achieve them. This position will report to the Aquatics Program Manager
and shares with them the responsibility of ensuring a high-quality swim
school, strong customer service culture and an exceptionally safe
Hire, train, schedule and supervise all Swim Instructors and Aquatics Program Coordinators.
- Ensure staff is consistently meeting and/or exceeding program policies and standards.
- Swim School responsibilities:
- Provide ongoing evaluation, coaching and training for all Swim Instructors and Aquatics Program Coordinators.
- Schedule all Swim Instructors and Aquatics Program Coordinators ensuring consistent class coverage.
- Ensure all aspects of the Aquatic Concepts Swim School model are being applied consistently and correctly.
and maintain structures and systems to manage class rosters, teaching
areas, progress reports, waiver/authorization collection and student
and maintain an ongoing process to recruit, train and develop new Swim
Instructors and Aquatics Program Coordinators.
an active presence for Swim School participants and ensure that there
is ongoing and effective communication with participants and exceptional
with Aquatics administrative staff to ensure proper scheduling of all
swim programing including Swim School, Private Lessons, French School,
ECE and Camp lessons.
- Ensure that staff recording accurate timesheets and/or breaks by completing all payroll material.
ongoing communication with the Aquatics Program Manager and Assistant
Aquatics Manager - Operations, keeping them informed of challenges,
program/staff needs and problem solving.
an awareness of budget parameters and manage to stay within those while
also taking an active responsibility for exceeding revenue/enrollment
- Proactively make adjustments to Swim Instructor Manual with the assistance of the Aquatics Program Manager.
- Proactively, consistently and clearly communicate with staff to keep them informed and engaged.
ongoing coaching and constructive feedback to all staff. Evaluate staff
per JCCSF evaluation policy procedures and timeframe.
- Assist in managing/ training Weekend Customer Service Representatives on best practices.
with the Assistant Aquatics Manager - Programing to ensure complete
operation of both programing and facility in the absence of other
- Additional duties as required.
- Prior experience in Aquatic Program Management.
- Significant experience supervising Aquatics staff.
- Strong supervisory skills and experience.
- Experience in a strong and effective customer service culture.
- Lifeguard Certification required & Lifeguard Instructor Certification preferred.
- Significant experience as a swim instructor required.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Attention to detail and independently motivated.
- Outgoing, professional and charismatic presence.
- Proven ability to maintain staff accountability and high standards.
- Knowledge of and experience with the Aquatic Concepts Swim School model a plus.
- Outstanding computer skills, including advanced skills in MS Office and the ability to learn new business software programs.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage time effectively.
Benefited, exempt, supervisory position.
Full Time Schedule: Mon - Wed: 11am - 8pm, Sat & Sun: 8am - 5pm. Some nights and holidays required. On call during all operating hours for aquatic emergencies and/or coverage.
HEALTH & SAFETY:
order to keep staff and participants as safe and healthy as possible,
all staff working on-site will be required to be vaccinated (COVID-19)
prior to beginning work. Please reach out to HR@jccsf.org if you have
$55,000 - $65,000
Urban and inclusive, the Jewish Community Center of San Francisco (JCCSF) celebrates our vibrant city and its people. We explore Jewish culture and traditions as a pathway for joyful, meaningful living. We're a community for everyone, using the power of gathering together to share, inspire, support and restore. The JCCSF is located in San Francisco, CA at 3200 California Street (at Presidio).