Location and Job Title:
Director of Disability Program Services
Tucson Jewish Community Center
3800 E River Rd
Tucson, AZ 85718
The Director of Disability Program Services provides vision, leadership, and overall management and oversight of the Disability Program Services (DPS) department. The DPS department functions across two sites year-round and an additional site seasonally and consists of two year-round program and two seasonal programs. These programs are:
- Taglit year-round day program for adults with disabilities, housed at the Tucson JCC main site
- Arts for All year-round day program for adults with disabilities, housed at Oracle Rd. location
- Summer Taglit summer day program for high-school youth with disabilities
- Gesher summer day program for middle-school youth with disabilities
Key aspects of this role include being present and being the warm and welcoming face of the department, ensuring innovative and dynamic programming, and exceeding expectations while meeting the needs of the program participants and their families. A primary function of this and every other job at the J is to ensure by whatever rational and legal means necessary that each member, guest and visitor leaves the J feeling just a little better than when they arrived.
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com
- Responsible for the development and implementation of department strategy, vision, and goals
- Responsible for creating, implementing, and maintaining department budget including annual budget creation, monthly review and analysis, and reforecasting
- Will provide direct supervision, coaching, and leadership for the Director of Taglit and the Director of Arts for All and design and ensure effective supervision, training, and development for department staff teams
- Will regularly communicate the DPS core purpose and how program goals and initiatives connect to the vision for the department and the mission of the Tucson JCC
- Will develop a comprehensive communication plan and work to build rapport and working relationships with all DPS families and staff
- Will develop an evaluation plan to use data metrics and feedback to ensure program quality, track goals, maintain strategic direction, and continue toward excellence
- Will ensure the compliance and maintenance of all State of Arizona Department of Developmental Disabilities requirements including procedures, records, documentation, reporting, and billing
- Will collaborate with the Marketing and Communications Department to develop a marketing plan for publicity, storytelling, and recruitment
- Will collaborate with the Development team to identify external funding opportunities and grants
- Will participate as an active member of the Tucson JCC Manhig (Leadership) team and work collaboratively with other JCC departments
- Will attend all staff meetings and events and fulfill other responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in related field (Masters degree preferred)
- At least 5+ years supervisory experience
- 5+ years experience working with individuals with disabilities, including program management
- Strong organizational and administrative skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Extensive customer service skills
- Knowledge of Jewish culture, traditions, and community
This position is a full-time position and is covered by the Code of Personnel Practices. EOE.
$65,000 - $75,000
The Tucson Jewish Community Center is a 110,000-square-feet facility built in 1989. With more than 2,000 families and 5,000 members, the J is open to the Tucson community of all faiths.
We offer a robust schedule of events ranging from Arts & Culture to Sports & Wellness to Children & Family. At the J we offer something for everyone from 0 to 99!
Our beautiful Foothills location offers the perfect setting for your meeting, wedding, or other special event. Our trained professional will help you with all your rental needs, including catering.
If fitness is your main goal, we offer a full fitness facility and more than 100 free weekly classes included in your membership.
We are proud to offer a privately funded preschool serving 300 children during the school year from six weeks to pre-K. Additionally, we offer after-school care for elementary-aged children and provide transportation from over 20 schools daily during the school year.
Most importantly, we offer a sense of community and acceptance to the entire Tucson community. We invite you to step inside and feel the energy of the J!