Location and Job Title:
Marlene Meyerson JCC Manhattan
334 Amsterdam Ave
New York, NY 10023
JOB TITLE: Program Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Director of Center for Jewish Living and Selma and Lawrence Ruben Center for 20s + 30s
FLSA STATUS: Non- Exempt
To support and implement the programming for young adults in their 20s + 30s, by executing programs and events, and cultivating relationships. Responsible for logistics, coordination, and production for events; collaborating with other JCC programmers and with staff at other Jewish organizations where appropriate; engaging with constituents at events, on the phone, through email, and online social networks.
- Implement and coordinate the logistics for programs for people in their 20s + 30s including:
- Engage Birthright Israel alumni in JCC programs and events after their trip.
- Liaise with the Lay Leadership Board of 20s + 30s
- Work collaboratively with Marketing.
- Create and monitor annual program budgets with Center Director.
- Maintain internal database of programs and constituents.
- Interface with the internal departments, like finance and registration.
- Support Center Director with other tasks as assigned.
Diversity is a core value of The Marlene Meyerson JCC of Manhattan. We believe the power of diversity enriches all of us by exposing us to a range of ways to understand and engage with the world, identify challenges, and to discover, design and deliver solutions.
SKILLS & RESPONSIBILITIES REQUIRED:
- The ideal candidate is highly organized with strong interpersonal skills. Both a self-starter and a good team player.
- Willing to 'roll up their sleeves' and participate in all tasks and duties associated with various programs, and events including: pre-program set up, post-program. Tidying, and ensuring the program runs smoothly from start to finish.
- Knowledge of and connection to Jewish tradition, values and practice is strongly preferred for this position.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- 3+ years related work experience
- Bachelor's degree required
- Understanding of and identification with not-for-profit community center
- Flexible schedule needed as most events occur in the evening and weekends.
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org