Location and Job Title:
Youth Program Coordinator
Kings Bay YM-YWHA INC.
3495 Nostrand Ave
Brooklyn, NY 11229
Youth Program Coordinator
Kings Bay Y/ JCC Brooklyn is a community space that connects, uplifts, and inspires. It is a Jewish Community Center with and without walls. We welcome everyone from all religious, racial, and ethnic backgrounds as we provide a wide array of programs for children and families to explore Jewish culture, values, holidays, and Israel through music, storytelling, art, Hebrew, and food. We offer early childhood programs, summer day camps, after-school and other fun and engaging programs for families
The Youth Program Coordinator is responsible for the planning, coordination, and execution of youth programs and activities. This role focuses on creating a safe, inclusive, and engaging environment for young participants to learn, grow, and thrive. The Youth Program Coordinator will collaborate with staff, volunteers, and community partners to ensure the success of our programs.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with vendors offering classes within the community.
- Manage and oversee the after-school program at our main site, including an inclusive component to cater to diverse needs.
- Ensure all program payments are processed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Conduct monthly check-ins with the office team to coordinate program logistics.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for parents, addressing inquiries and concerns related to youth programs, including camps, after-school activities, and vendor classes.
- Provide regular updates and FAQs to parents as needed to enhance their understanding of our programs.
- Attend and actively participate in community events, both internal and external, to promote our youth programs.
- Collaborate with the marketing department to create promotional materials such as flyers, brochures, and social media content.
- Create and update all program applications, ensuring they align with program goals and objectives.
- Work closely with the marketing department to develop marketing materials that effectively communicate program details to potential participants.
- Recruit, train, and supervise Summer camp staff, including counselors and activity specialists.
- Provide training and support to staff to ensure program quality.
- Bachelor's degree in education or a related field (preferred).
- Previous experience in youth programs, education, or a related role.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with diverse teams and stakeholders.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and database management.
- A passion for youth development and community engagement.
- Monday to Friday
- 8-hour shift
$50,000.00 - $55,000.00 annually
$45,000 - $55,000
Inspired by Jewish values and ideas, the Kings Bay YM-YWHA strives to build and strengthen communities, create meaningful relationships and lasting friendships, and foster deeper connections among individuals, families, and partner institutions in Brooklyn.
From our flagship base in southern Brooklyn, where we operate a successful full-service Jewish community center, to our more recent inroads in Brownstone Brooklyn and North Brooklyn under the JCC Brooklyn umbrella, the Kings Bay Y has remained true to its 60-year-old mission.