Location and Job Title:
Welcome Desk Manager
Kaplen JCC on the Palisades
411 E. Clinton Ave.
Tenafly, NJ 07670
As a member of our Health & Wellness Management Team, the Welcome Desk Manager (Manager) will have a clear understanding and be committed to the mission and vision of the JCC.The Manager will provide and oversee excellent customer service experiences for our members at welcome desks and throughout wellness facilities.
The Welcome Desk Manager plays a crucial role in ensuring the efficient and effective operation of a community center's desks, including overseeing babysitting services. This position involves supervising and coordinating the actions of the desk staff and babysitters, maintaining a welcoming and helpful atmosphere for community members, and overseeing administrative tasks related to the center's operations.
Duties & Responsibilities
- This is a customer service role including 20 hours working at a desk as well as the responsibility of hiring, onboarding, and supervising full-time and part-time welcome desk and babysitting staff.
- Provide ongoing coaching, feedback, and performance evaluations.
- Ensure that staff members adhere to policies, procedures, and customer service standards.
- Foster a welcoming and helpful environment for all community center visitors.
- Ensure excellent customer service and responsiveness to anticipate and handle requests and satisfy member needs within acceptable guidelines and resolve any arising issues
- The Manager is responsible for covering all shifts that their employees are not available for (sick calls, no shows, and disciplinary actions)
- Oversee the daily operations of desks, including opening and closing procedures.
- Maintain a tidy and organized desk area.
- Ensure that all necessary resources and information are readily available to staff.
- Supervise and coordinate babysitting services offered by the community center.
- Ensure that babysitters are trained, certified, and follow safety protocols.
- Provide training to desk staff and babysitters on customer service, center policies, and procedures.
- Organize staff meetings to discuss updates and improvements.
- Serve as liaison for wellness departments and maintenance team. Ensure facilities and equipment are maintained and kept clean.
- Manage Facility Dude requests and facilitate communication between necessary parties
- Handle ordering and upkeep of first aid supplies for all of H&W
- Create and manage usage reports to drive decision making
- Be actively engaged in "cross selling" the other key revenue components of the Kaplen JCC to members/guests- i.e. Pre-school, after-school, summer camps, etc.by obtaining sufficient program knowledge of these key program areas.
- Knowledge of JCC emergency, security and safety protocols (i.e. fire alarm evacuation, CPR, etc.). Calling 911 and alerting security personnel in emergency situations
- Assist in budget planning related to front desk operations and babysitting services.
- Monitor and control expenses such as office supplies, babysitting supplies, and equipment maintenance.
- Other duties as needed
Key Competencies & Specialized Skills
- Ability to work and multi-task in a fast-paced environment as part of a team
- Customer service oriented and result driven
- Strong communication, organization, and interpersonal skills
- Knowledgeable of principles and practices of best office management
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Problem assessment and problem solving
- Supervisory skills- goal setting, training, motoring, and ability to provide constructive feedback and coaching
- 2+ years Supervisory experience preferred
- 5+ years working in a highly customer focused service delivery role
- Computer skills and knowledge of relevant software (Microsoft Office Suite)
- Salesforce and/or Upace experience is a plus
- Current CPR, First Aid, and AED certification (on-site training provided as needed)
- Requires long periods of standing or sitting
- Moderate-extended use of computer screen, right or left-hand use, typing
- Use of PPE required
- Frequent use of cleaning chemicals
This is a Full Time Position. Salary Range $42,000.00 to $48,000.00. Commensurate with experience.
Send all resumes and cover letters to Allyson Carolan at firstname.lastname@example.org
EOE. It is the policy of this institution to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, or status within any other protected group.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive, and incumbent will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by Manager or other management as required. The JCC reserves the right to revise or change job duties as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
$42,000.00 to $48,000.00
Kaplen JCC On The Palisades is a welcoming home away from home for all who pass through its front doors. Our 185,000 square foot building plus acres of outside grounds feature 2 fitness centers, an indoor and outdoor aquatics center, group exercise, spin and pilates studios, 2 gymnasiums, tennis and racquet courts, indoor track, a luxurious spa, multiple playgrounds and fields and so much more. The JCC is home to the renowned Thurnauer School of Music, Leonard and Syril Rubin Nursery School, Neil Klatskin Day Camp, and the JCC Dance and Drama Schools. The JCC is also proud to offer extensive, high quality programs and services to adults of all ages, as well as to seniors and individuals with special needs.
Our vision is to be the center point of Jewish life in our community and to engage all generations in our mission and values.
Deeply rooted in Jewish values and tradition, the Kaplen JCC on the Palisades is a vibrant home for the Jewish People that welcomes all and cultivates the social, intellectual, physical and spiritual well-being of the entire community.
We are committed to demonstrating the following values and ask respect for these values from those with whom we interact:
CONNECTION TO JUDAISM AND ISRAEL
TIKKUN OLAM (repairing the world)