Location and Job Title:
Director of Aquatics
Evelyn Rubenstein Jewish Community Center
5601 S. Braeswood
Houston, TX 77096
The Director of Aquatics will have the opportunity to manage a brand new, first rate aquatics complex. This complex will consist of four brand new pools including an indoor lap and therapy pool, three outdoor, climate controlled pools and one off-site pool that can used year round. This is a full time, 40 hour per week position responsible for creating a variety of aquatics and mixed format programming that will appeal to a wide range of demographic users of the aquatics facilities. The Director of Aquatics is also responsible for staffing and maintenance of the aquatics areas.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Create and lead growth strategies for the Aquatics Department that include specific aquatics programs. These programs should include but not be limited to private, semi-private and group swim lessons for children and adults, developmental and competitive swim team, aquatics safety awareness, adult master swim program.
2. Create an annual calendar of events that focuses on aquatics. This would include member events as well as events and programs to attract the general public to the J.
3. Provide direct service to members with a combination of regular program instruction and coaching. Be prepared to lifeguard when needed.
4. Supervise all aquatics staff. This includes recruiting, training and evaluating job performance. Responsible for providing assistance for continuing education including staff in-services and professional development.
5. Create and manage the budget for the aquatics department.
6. Maintain a comprehensive awareness of the latest industry trends of the aquatics profession. This would include awareness of programs of outside facilities.
7. Develop relationships with members in order to create direct program communication.
8. Responsible for the operations and maintenance of all pools on both the main campus and at the Merfish Teen Center which is located one mile from the main campus
9. Work with the Children and Family department to provide staffing and program support for camp in the way of group lessons and recreational swim
10. Collaborate with other departments and areas within the J such as Fitness to create synergetic programming as well as opportunities for the aquatics facility to be a location for non-aquatics programs.
11. Create relationships with outside organizations in order to provide rental revenue from the aquatics complex.
1. Promote and market programs to members and to the public through Evelyn Rubenstein JCC communication channels as well as directly in the community.
2. Provide information to the J website and acceptable social media formats, regarding exercise schedules, marketing of programs, E-blasts, and program updates.
3. Communicate regularly to all aquatics staff regarding programs, classes etc., and utilize these staff as a direct communication link to members.
4. Ensure that all desk staff are up to date on current, classes, programs and events as well as schedule changes, additions and cancellations.
III. DEPARTMENT EXPECTATIONS
1. Serve as a positive representative of the aquatics department and the JCC.
2. Maintain a positive attitude and exude an overall presence of warmth and member service.
3. Attend appropriate agency, department head and supervisor meetings.
4. Wear appropriate J branded attire during working hours.
5. Lead and attend all aquatics and major agency events.
1. Bachelor's degree in Recreation Administration, Kinesiology, Physical Education or related field.
2. 3-5 years' experience in Aquatics management and programming.
3. Water Safety Instructor or Lifeguard Training Instructor, American Red Cross First Aid trained and CPR Instructor, Certified Pool Operator.
55,000 - 65,000
Welcome to the ERJCC. From our crystal clear swimming pools featuring our aquatics park and picnic area to our state-of-the-art tennis center, gymnastics training center, health and fitness center, quality arts and culture programs, two preschools, day camps, social, educational and recreational classes and programs for all ages and so much more....