Location and Job Title:
Marjorie and Oscar Boonshoft - Center for Jewish Culture and Education
525 Versailles Drive
Centerville, OH 45459
Essential Job Functions:
Senior Management Support
- Collaboratively manage scheduling for the SD, and leverage SD's time by anticipating and proactively addressing needs and priorities.
- Arrange travel logistics for SD including accommodations, transportation, and itinerary preparation.
- Develop and maintain systems to provide SD with efficient and confidential access to information.
- Draft and edit correspondence, presentations and reports on behalf of SD as requested.
- Conduct research and analysis to support SD and Leadership Team management and decision making.
- Maintain office supplies and anticipate needs for new purchases in a cost effective and timely manner.
- Support the Leadership Team, committees, and/or task forces by attending meetings, taking notes, and providing follow-up on tasks and assignments.
- Support the SD and staff in other projects and priorities as needed.
Advisory Board/Committee Support
- Prepare for Advisory Board, committee, and/or task force meetings through timely provision of materials.
- Support the SD in producing reports, meeting agendas, and materials.
- Coordinate Advisory Board, committee, and/or task force meeting logistics.
- Attend Advisory Board, committee, and/or task force meetings, take minutes.
- Compile and maintain Advisory Board, committee, and/or task force contact information and details.
Other administrative functions
- Answers, screens, and notates incoming phone calls and directs inquiries appropriately.
- Maintains an updated and accurate calendar in Outlook and room reservation program.
- Communicates with parties as needed on behalf of management to help facilitate day to day business matters.
- Designs and implements forms for use within office by applying knowledge of software applications and updates as needed.
- Maintains and improves electronic and hard physical filing system for correspondence, business matters, and other related data.
- Operates standard office equipment efficiently to include multi-line telephone, facsimile machine, calculator, computer with printer, photocopy machine.
- Coordinate with Marketing Department to submit Calendar Requests and updates for event information, as well as monitoring upcoming event attendance. Prepare Purchase Orders and Requests for Payment.
- Put accounting codes on receipts and submit to accounting department. Additionally, track budget/spending for individual events.
- Additional and various administrative support as needed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Associate degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school.
- Strong experience using Microsoft Office Suite, SharePoint, Zoom and file sharing platforms such as Dropbox, and project management tools such as Teamwork
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively with stakeholders
- Good judgment and strong inclination to be proactive
- Resourceful and creative in problem-solving
- Able to interact with senior-level executives, lay leaders, and donors
- Ability to manage projects, organize and complete complex tasks, prioritize multiple assignments, and deliver on a timely basis
- Ability to thrive and succeed in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent computer/database skills
- Strong attention to detail and follow up skills
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information with discretion
- Proficiencies with technology, including databases, and willingness to adapt to new technologies
- Ability to work occasional evenings and weekend events (Scheduled in advance)
Jewish Community Center (JCC) of Greater Dayton
The mission of the JCC of Greater Dayton is to provide a universal sense of belonging in the hearts and minds of Greater Jewish Dayton. The creative programming ideas educate and impart Jewish values to all members of the community, regardless of age, creed, nationality, or religion.
The JCC of Greater Dayton, an agency of the Jewish Federation of Greater Dayton (JFGD), is looking for a full time (40 hours per week) organized administrative professional to assist and support the JCC programs and events.
The administrative assistant staff position supports and assists in the direct coordination of the following areas: JCC Advisory Board; Cultural Arts & Book Series; Dayton Jewish Film Festival; Youth, Teen & Family programs; youth group programs and other programs or events.
It is essential that this person is flexible, has a good sense of humor, is a team player, and works closely with other employees to assist and support their programs and events on an on-going basis. A primary function of this and every other job at the JCC is to ensure that each program participant, invited guest and visitor leaves the JCC feeling just a little better than when they arrived.
Under the general supervision and direction of the JCC Senior Director (SD), the administrative assistant provides high-level support to the J team and additional members of the JFGD team as requested.