Location and Job Title:
Director of Camp, Youth & Family Programs
David R. Kahn Community Campus
12804 Norwood Rd
Raleigh, NC 27613
The Jewish Federation of Raleigh-Cary seeks a dynamic leader and relationship builder to join our team as our Director of Camping, Youth and Family Engagement, an exempt full-time employee, who will oversee our youth and family engagement strategy, develop innovative programming, and oversee our Camp JCC day camp.
The Director of Camping, Youth and Family Engagement will be a member of the organizations engagement and program team, which will partner closely together to design an engagement strategy that will capture the imagination, energy, and passions of youth and families in the Greater Raleigh Jewish Community.
The Director of Camping, Youth and Family Engagement will also be responsible for the development, implementation, and of oversight of the Camp JCC day camp, including managing camp staff, leading and training counselors, overseeing policies, and managing the camp budget.
Core Functions, Duties, and Responsibilities
- Develop and implement an engagement strategy for youth and family engagement that will increase and deepen engagement with the Federation and Jewish community.
- Lead and manage Camp JCC day camp, which includes supervising all camp seasonal and year-round staff, as well as year-round Assistant Camp Director, PJ Library Program Manager, and Camp Registrar.
- Develop year-round engagement and programming opportunities for youth and families.
- Serve as the lead liaison between the Federation and local partners in the Jewish community that also engage youth.
- Develop and manage budgets for Camping, Youth & Family programs.
- Provide leadership in developing and maintaining parent relationships and oversee customer service issues for all Camping, Youth and Family programs.
- Develop and oversee all systems and procedures of registration and camp administration (paperwork, parent communication, registration and payment systems, etc.)
- Insure consistency in policies and procedures across all Camping, Youth & Family programs.
- Act as the liaison between JCC Camp, Youth & Family program staff and other departmental staff for schedule coordination and staffing issues.
- Create timetables for administrative marketing and recruitment tasks.
- Work with marketing team to develop and coordinate marketing of all Camp, Youth & Family programming.
- Plan and execute Camp JCC Staff Orientation Program.
- Develop and maintain cooperative partnerships with local, national and international organizations and agencies.
- Work with other programming segments in developing joint programs and community-wide activities.
- Represents the vision and philosophy of the Jewish Federation of Raleigh-Cary by demonstrating strong relationship building, active listening, good customer service, a positive attitude, inclusive language and a sensitivity to the needs of a diverse clientele.
Experience & Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in education, recreation or other related fields
- Excellent interpersonal, relationship building, and communication skills
- Experience with supervision of full and/or part time staff
- 3-5 years' experience in camping as a leadership team staff member
- Experience with program management and implementation
- Must demonstrate the aptitude and willingness to be a visible and active team player
- Strong critical and creative thinking skills
- Ability to hire, train, and supervise staff
- Strong organizational and computer skills
- Mature disposition, creativity, outgoing and energetic personality
- Ability to work evenings and weekends, and overnights as needed
- Knowledge of Jewish Holidays and customs
- Background in informal Jewish education is a plus but not required
- Knowledge and understanding issues of youth growth and development
- Highly organized, attentive to detail, and ability to work independently
- Prior experience managing supplies and inventory is a plus
$45,000 - $55,000
The Jewish Federation of Raleigh-Cary is the lead community building institution for the Jewish community of Greater Raleigh. Through engagement, programming, social services, advocacy, education, and community-building initiatives, the Federation serves as the facilitating force that connects and empowers everyone within our growing community. The Federation accomplishes its mission through its agencies - the Raleigh-Cary Jewish Community Center, Raleigh-Cary Jewish Family Services, and the Jewish Community Relations Council - as well as through local and national partnerships.
We are a growing organization, with a close-knit culture, where everyone is empowered to work together to help us reach our mission.
Application Instructions: Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional Information: Compensation is commensurate with experience. We follow COVID-19 Safety Protocols, both on and off-site, per the CDC and our Medical Advisory Board. Candidate must be fully vaccinated according to current CDC requirements at time of application.
Jewish Federation Raleigh Cary is an equal access, equal opportunity, affirmative action employer that is fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce. Equal Opportunity is and shall be provided for all employees and applicants for employment on the basis of their demonstrated ability and competence without unlawful discrimination on the basis of their race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.