You are here: Home
| Search for a Job
Location and Job Title:
J Club Team Member
New Orleans JCC
5342 St. Charles Ave
New Orleans, LA 70115
To apply, please reach out to Danielle Dixon at Danielle@nojcc.org
The J Club team member is responsible for the care and supervision of children ages 6 months - 6 years while parents are in the building taking classes or using the facility.
J Club team members report to the Assistant Director of Youth, Camp, and Family Engagement
J Club Hours:
Monday - Friday and Sunday 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Ideal candidate available to cover 4 to 5 four-hour shifts per week
Salary range: $13 - $15/hr
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide a warm and welcoming environment.
- Interact with children through reading, game play, and other engaging activities. Gear activities to the individual needs of each child and use positive guidance in redirecting children.
- Take responsibility for the ordered arrangement and cleanliness of the room. Clean, disinfect, and organize toys on a regular basis.
- Change diapers in accordance with JCC diaper changing policy.
- Maintain daily attendance records, including date and time.
- Work as a team member to maintain a high quality of care giving.Provide excellent customer service to JCC members, guests, and staff by adhering to the JCC Core Values.
- Be available as a substitute to cover other providers' shifts as needed.
- Any other tasks as assigned.
Required Education/Work Experience/Competencies:
- High school diploma.
- Minimum of two years experience caring for children preferred.
- Must be a sensitive and mature individual who is able to relate well to both children and adults. It is essential that he/she have the personality and ability to provide warmth, leadership and stability for program continuity.
- Lead by example; follow all NOJCC policies and procedures as defined in the NOJCC Handbook and as directed by Agency leadership.
- Basic awareness of Judaism and Jewish cultural norms and traditions preferred.
- Current certification in First Aid and CPR for children or the ability to obtain certification.
- Requires ability to frequently communicate with others to exchange information, remain in a stationary position, stand or sit for prolonged periods, and the ability to sit, stand, lift, bend, and twist.
- May require working in a noisy environment and lifting objects up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to lift and carry a child up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to change diapers, pick up toys, wash dishes, wipe tables, sweep floors, and supervise and participate in play.
- Must be able to escort children down stairs from the building in the event of an emergency.
Our Community ...Values Jewish culture, practice and thought, and serves as an educational resource for JCC members and for all New Orleanians with an interest in Judaism...Knows that comfortable, clean and conveniently located facilities set the tone for everything we do at the JCC...Embraces health and wellness, and JCC Fitness Centers are committed to helping members achieve positive lifestyle changes...Embraces children through education, sports and family activities...Celebrates the joys of childhood and encourages the independence of youth...Values lifelong learning, encourages friendship among adults of all ages and extends special assistance to elders.