Location and Job Title:
Manager on Duty
New Orleans JCC
5342 St. Charles Ave
New Orleans, LA 70115
Manager on Duty will monitor the facility for safety and efficient operations during his/her assigned shifts, including the fitness center, group exercise studios, and the gymnasium. Manager will provide good customer service and assistance for all members and guests at the JCC.
- Manage and supervise all Wellness Department fitness-related programming during assigned hours.
- Open the fitness center at 5:30 am, Monday - Friday.
- Follow all JCC policies and procedures as defined in the JCC Employee Handbook.
- Provide a high-level of customer service and address members' concerns, suggestions and complaints in a timely professional manner.
- Knowledgeable about all JCC programming: children, membership, youth sports, and aquatics.
- Work with membership department to provide tours to potential members.
- Ensure overall cleanliness of the facility.
- Monitor that all members adhere to JCC policies and procedures.
- Communicate any problems or situations that arise needing immediate attention to the wellness director.
- Be prepared to lead and support members and staff in the event of an emergency.
- Be available for any incident (medical and non-medical) while on duty.
- Report all equipment repair needs.
- Generate monthly reports, maintain filing system and supply of office forms.
- Maintain inventory of supplies such as: first aid items, cleansers, workout towels, and paper towels.
- Attend department meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to Denise Thornton at email@example.com
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in Exercise Science or related field preferred.
- One- year management experience in a fitness environment.
- National Personal Trainer Certification is a plus.
- National Group Exercise Certification is a plus.
- Current CPR/AED Certification (or obtain within one month of employment).
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills, detailed-minded, and self-driven.
- Ability to lift 25 lbs.
- Ability to stand, walk, and bend for extended periods of time.
Environmental Working Conditions:
- Low temperatures and high temperatures
- Wind, rain, and hazardous conditions
- Noisy environment
- Outdoor pool/deck environment
$35,000 - $45,000
Our Community ...Values Jewish culture, practice and thought, and serves as an educational resource for JCC members and for all New Orleanians with an interest in Judaism...Knows that comfortable, clean and conveniently located facilities set the tone for everything we do at the JCC...Embraces health and wellness, and JCC Fitness Centers are committed to helping members achieve positive lifestyle changes...Embraces children through education, sports and family activities...Celebrates the joys of childhood and encourages the independence of youth...Values lifelong learning, encourages friendship among adults of all ages and extends special assistance to elders.