Location and Job Title:
CDL-P Bus Driver Position
The Jewish Community Center of Greater Columbus
1125 College Ave.
Columbus, OH 43209
Safely transport JCC members, primary elementary
school age children, to and from JCC activities.
Part Time Position (10 - 20 hours per week)
- Knowledge and Education - Minimum Required or Preferred:GED / High School Diploma required; Valid CDL-P Driver's License Endorsement required.
- Experience - Minimum Required or Preferred: Minimum two (2) years' experience driving commercial vehicles; preferably a school bus.
- Special Skills: Must enjoy young children, teenagers and senior citizens; outstanding customer service skills; able to work occasional overtime on an as needed basis; able to pass random drug testing requirements; able to pass background check testing requirements; able to pass physical examination requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Safely transport JCC members based on weekly schedule
- Mainly elementary school age children
- Occasionally senior adults, preschool age children, teenagers and/or campers
- Be on time and ready to go as scheduled
- Maintain properly working vehicles
- Check all fuel levels; fill fuel tank as needed
- Return all gasoline receipts to supervisor
- Check and fix fluid levels and tire pressures
- Report any vehicle problems immediately to supervisor
- Assure bus is safe for transporting
- Clear frost / snow from windows
- Safely assist passengers on and off buses as needed
- Keep JCC phone/walkie on & working properly to insure immediate communication
- Keep bus clean inside and out
- Maintain accurate daily vehicle log
- Submit log to supervisor every Friday
- During non-driving hours check in with supervisor for assignments
- Other driving runs
- Maintenance or housekeeping tasks
The Jewish Community Center of Greater Columbus is a human service agency offering a varied program that is Jewish in nature. It is committed to enhancing the quality of individual and family life through the promotion of physical, intellectual and spiritual wellness. It provides educational and cultural programs that reflect the Jewish heritage, health related activities and many services to the community at large. Through its wide array of programs, the JCC pursues its mission of strengthening the individual, family and community.
The JCC nurtures a passion for Jewish learning and living. Through programs and services, the JCC provides comfortable and inviting environments in which the community can thrive.