Location and Job Title:
Manager, Registration and Administration, JCC Maccabi
520 8th Ave
New York, NY 10018
JCC Maccabi, is a signature program of the JCC Movement. Established in 1982 the JCC Maccabi Games, have brought over 140,000 teens and more than 500,000 host families, volunteers, and spectators together for one-week annual olympic style events in host communities throughout North America. The program connects teens, JCCs, communities from across North America and around the world to explore their Jewish identities, develop lasting memories, friendships, and connections, and make a difference in the Jewish world of today and of the future.
The JCC Maccabi Manager, Registration and Administration plays an integral part in the success of the program. Under the supervision of the Deputy Director, JCC Maccabi, this team member provides high level operational support for the department within the agency in addition to working closely with various stakeholders including delegation heads and host communities. Candidates should work well independently but also thrive as a member of a team in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. It is essential to have exceptional customer service and interpersonal skills and have the ability to maintain a high level of professionalism and integrity.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Development, management, implementation, and oversight of the current registration/database systems, including but not limited to program registration for all participants, local and visiting, credentialing process, housing match system, volunteer scheduling and spectator payments through the system
- Research potential new event management software options. Craft transition, building and implementation strategy for the procurement of and transition to a new system
- Liaise with external vendors including but not limited to various registration and background check vendors
- Develop and provide operational trainings for host communities and visiting delegations as they relate to the technology utilized by JCC Maccabi - including but not limited to JCC Association Resources and Regpack systems
- Management of background checks for all chaperones, coaches, Delegation Heads, host families and volunteers. Includes use and integration of Raptor system technologies and Verified Volunteers, along with other security protocols that might be developed
- Reconciliation between registration system and other databases
- Alumni Tracking
- Develop, oversee, analyze and distribute program survey data
- Manage delegation invoicing and billing cycles
- Understand and utilize the SAGE finance system
- Work with finance department to reconcile the JCC Maccabi program budget
- Manage and monitor vendor payments Consulting/Communications:
- Web-based, phone, and in-person consultation and training with host community professional and lay leadership with particular focus on registration training, housing matching, and JCC Maccabi Central
- Work with housing and volunteer chairs and lay professionals to assist with strategy as it relates to the registration and recruitment of host families and volunteers.
- Provide one on one support with visiting Delegation Heads
- Provide on the ground support during the week(s) of JCC Maccabi in areas included but not limited to Maccabi central, communications, registration, volunteers, and host families ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
- This position is based in New York City with the expectation of a combination of office and remote work
- Limited travel is required from September - June
- Extensive travel is required during the summer
- Unrestricted authorization to work in the U.S. without
holding a visa or sponsorship is required
JCC Association offers a
competitive salary and benefits package including:
- Medical and dental insurance
- Eight paid legal holidays and up to 13 paid Jewish holidays.
In addition, the office closes early on the eve of three Jewish holidays
- Paid vacation
- Sick leave, family leave, medical leave, jury duty leave
and bereavement leave
- Flexible benefit plan
- Pre-tax salary deductions for transit
- Short- and long-term disability
- Life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance,
supplemental life insurance
- Retirement plan
- Bachelor's degree and a minimum of three years of relevant work experience, ideally in a Jewish Community Center or other non-profit setting
- Practiced and dependable attention to detail, deadlines and organization
- Initiative, sound judgment, excellent interpersonal skills, positive attitude, and ability to work independently as well as in team environment with staff, lay and community partners
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Comfort with finance systems and technology
- Experience with registration software
- Preferred SAGE experience
- Strong interpersonal skills and a positive, "can-do" attitude
- Fluent in English with excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects, prioritize and meet deadlines
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office products including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
55,000 - 65,000
JCC Association of North America leads and connects the JCC Movement, advancing and enriching North American Jewish life. With 1.5 million people walking through the doors of JCCs (Jewish Community Centers and Jewish Community Camps) each week, the JCC Movement represents the largest platform of Jewish engagement on the continent. JCC Association is the convening organization of this dynamic network, partnering with JCCs to bring together the collective power and knowledge of the JCC Movement, with 12,000 full-time professionals at 172 JCCs across North America plus 41,000 part-time and seasonal professionals. By supporting them, together we enhance and strengthen Jewish life throughout North America.
JCC Association is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to treating people with compassion and respect. All qualified applications will be considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy, disability, mental disorder, familial status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic as established by law.