Location and Job Title:
2000 Hollywood Dr
York, PA 17403
Overview: Responsible for the management and implementation of all activities relating to fundraising, donor management, marketing, and events to support the York JCC's operating budget.
- Leverage the time of the CAO and take the lead on managing or supporting all donor relationships and stewardship, including grant writing, the generation of proposals and reports, tracking, database management, and prospect research and cultivation.
- Serve as lead staff position in the research, development, implementation and review of a thorough fund raising program including annual and other fundraising campaigns, grant writing and programs to promote the charitable purpose of the York JCC.
- Develop, implement and evaluate an annual plan for community support including emphasis on understanding the JCC's charitable purpose through the following but not limited to:
- Grant research and writing
- Corporate sponsorships and support
- Annual Campaign
- Year-end giving
- Planned giving
- Endowment development and growth
- Special events
- Provide support to the Fund Development and Event Planning Committees and lead efforts to involve, educate and motivate Board members in the JCC's fundraising and solicitation efforts.
- Cultivate, manage, steward, and track relationships with all donors and prospects including individuals, corporations, foundations, and government agencies; leverage the CAO's time in cultivating high-potential donors and prospects.
- Work with Department Directors to develop, expand and refine case for support, supporting materials and strategy.
- Identify and follow through on grant and public funding opportunities.Provide the internal coordination of grant spending and reporting.
- Prepare and implement all donor correspondence, proposals, grants, reports, mailings, and acknowledgements required to support ongoing fundraising activities.
- Generate and provide detailed reports about fundraising progress to the CAO on a regular basis.
- Lead team to apply for and secure allocation requests from United Way.
- Identify and work with Fund development committee to develop/implement new and effective fundraising concepts.
- Provide the internal coordination of fundraising tracking and assessment of goal achievement.
- Manage in a fiscally sound manner and work to meet/exceed budget for development department.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience required.
- Five or more years in a senior management position, or like experience with demonstrated positive operational results.
- Fundraising and event planning experience in establishing and managing sponsors and donors is strongly desired.
- Demonstrated success in a business development function preferred.
- Experience developing and cultivating corporate and foundation relationships.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with exceptional attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to communicate diplomatically and effectively with volunteers, donors and staff.
- Excellent verbal and writing skills with demonstrated success in grant and proposal writing.
- A professional and resourceful style with the ability to work independently and as a team player.
- Proficient computer and software knowledge (Microsoft Word, Excel, etc.), including development database applications.
- CFRE Certification Preferred
55,000 - 65,000
Who We Are
The JCC is a non-profit community center that welcomes the diverse population of York County, regardless of religion, financial or ethnic background. Since 1910 the JCC's role has changed and expanded to reflect the current times. Our staff is committed to providing members and guests with high quality programs and customer service. Included in a membership is the use of the fitness center, over 100 group and water fitness classes each week, lap and family swims, open gym use, family art and gym activities, a relaxation center complete with whirlpool, sauna and steam room, and discounts on fitness, social, and enrichment classes and programs.
The JCC provides programming for:
- Wellness & Fitness for all ages
- Youth Fitness, Dance & Sports
- Children's Education and Child Care
- Holocaust Education
- Diversity Education
- Jewish Cultural Programs
- Contemporary Adult Programming