Location and Job Title:
Chief Development Officer
JCC of Greater New Haven
360 Amity Rd
Woodbridge, CT 06525
Chief Development Officer
The Chief Development Officer (CDO) serves as a member of the senior management team and is responsible for overseeing and leading all major aspects of organization's fundraising activities, including but not limited to: the Annual Campaign, all JCC fundraising campaigns, corporate partnerships, capital campaign, security funding initiatives, and legacy/endowment efforts. The CDO will supervise a team of professionals and work closely with the CEO, VP of Campaign/Campaign Chair, Women's Philanthropy VP and Foundation Executive Director to develop and implement a Total Financial Resource Development (TFRD) plan and strategy to support the Federation and JCC's mission and community priorities.
- Create and implement a strategic and tactical plan for fundraising listed above.
- Work with volunteers and staff to support all efforts.
- Maintain, cultivate and grow relationships with a portfolio of major donors ($5000+).
- Play a key role in building a donor-centered culture.
- Actively participate in leadership gift solicitations. Cultivate, steward, and build effective relationships with a portfolio of select major donors.
- Develop and implement strategies to attract new major donors.
- Serve as lead staff for Development, Annual Campaign and Impact Planning Committee.
- Develop fundraising goals and objectives with measurable outcomes in support of the Federation's mission and community agenda.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with synagogues, agencies and community leaders.
- Oversee and maintain the Blackbaud CRM donor database.
- Develop and manage department annual budgets and perform analysis for variables.
- Research and identify grant opportunities, create and submit applications and manage the receipt & expenditures of all grants awarded.
- Represent the Federation at appropriate community-wide events and all fundraising events of this organization.
Requirements, skills and attributes
- Bachelor degree required and an advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a significant resource development role, with at least 3 to 5 years of successful experience in a senior management position.
- A successful track record with personal solicitations at major gift levels.
- Demonstrated success developing and implementing strategic activities and tasks with clear goals, objectives and measurement tools.
- Strong management and leadership skills, including the ability to develop a high performing staff.
- The successful candidate will possess a personal commitment to Jewish values and knowledge of Jewish traditions.
- Database and trend analysis experience.
- Experience developing and managing budgets required.
- Grant writing experience required.
- While knowledge about the Jewish Federation is desirable, it is not a pre-requisite for this position. Successful candidates may have significant development experience within a university setting, a non-profit health and welfare system, the Jewish communal field, politics or other organizations requiring sophisticated development efforts.
Please submit resume and cover letter to our Human Resources Director, Sandy Horvath, at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Jewish Federation, Foundation, and JCC of Greater New Haven is an EEOC/AA employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type with regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. We encourage individuals of all religions and backgrounds to apply.
Salary: $120,000.00 - $135,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Woodbridge, CT 06525: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
$120,000 - $135,000
Please submit cover letter and resume to:
Sandy Horvath, HR Director