Location and Job Title:
Shaw Jewish Community Center of Akron
750 White Pond Dr
Akron, OH 44320
The Program Director will work in coordination with the JCC leadership team to enhance existing programs, re-establish past programs, and lead the creation of new programs. This position will be responsible for highlighting the mission and values of the Shaw JCC in all program areas.
The Program Director is responsible for developing and implementing clear action plans and systems needed to maintain, expand, and build strong programs, as well as providing strategic direction and guidance to Department Directors in order to meet emerging needs in the community in innovative ways.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain all Adult programming, including but not limited to, community engagement programs, music/arts events, speaker series, as well as recreation/sports leagues. Engage current and prospective members, as well as the greater Akron community.
- Provide leadership to staff to conceptualize, organize, implement, and communicate how the programs align with the Shaw JCC Mission to create a community based on Jewish values.
- Interprets such programming to the membership and general community.
- Work with various JCC departments and partner entities (e.g., The Lippman School, JCBA) to coordinate campus programs where necessary.
- Provide direct leadership for special events and agency-wide activities.
- Collaborate with the marketing department on how best to promote events through digital and traditional marketing efforts, as well as expand the JCCs brand presence through community outreach and programming.
- Gather feedback and metrics about programs and modify future programs based on results.
- Supervise, train, and schedule volunteers, coaches, and program assistants for programs/events.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and analytic skills
- Ability to work well with others
- Problem solving techniques
- Time management skills
- Computer literacy with various Microsoft programs.
- A four-year degree with at least five years progressive experience developing, curriculum development, and implementing programs. A degree in Jewish Studies is preferred.
- Immersive experience in all aspects of Jewish culture, traditions and religion, as well as a strong knowledge of Israel.
To apply please click on this link.
$35,000 - $45,000
Welcome to The J! We offer more than just a fitness center. As a member, you are a part of an open, welcoming community that will inspire you to live a healthier life, become more active and pursue your interests. We offer a range of engaging, high-quality programs in a warm atmosphere with many opportunities to make new friends and lasting relationships - for you and your entire family!