You are here: Home
| Search for a Job
Location and Job Title:
WELCOME DESK ASSOCIATE (FULL TIME)
New Orleans JCC
5342 St. Charles Ave
New Orleans, LA 70115
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to Marianne Doyle at email@example.com
Seeking outgoing and friendly personalities for this important role in greeting members and guests while handling day-to-day responsibilities for ongoing programs, activities, services. In this position, you will enhance the member experience by creating a welcoming environment in which JCC members and guests obtain knowledgeable information about all JCC programs.
FULL TIME: Sundays, 12:45 PM - 6:45 PM and Mondays - Thursdays, 1:15 PM to 9:15 PM
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Deliver a high quality first impression and create a positive welcoming environment for all those who come to the JCC members, program participants, guests and staff at the JCC, in person and over the phone.
- Check in members, program participants and guests using JCC procedures.
- Be readily available in the evenings and weekends for special events.
- Provide information regarding JCC membership, policies and procedures, program events and classes, current and upcoming activities in a timely and efficient manner to both customers and staff.
- Answer phones politely and professionally, redirecting all calls to the appropriate staff
- Use of our database to: process membership transactions, enter new members and make changes and updates to members' accounts with a high degree of accuracy.
- Follow established procedures in the event of an emergency.
- Make sure the welcome desk is kept neat and tidy with all flyers and materials replenished as needed.
- Report maintenance and facilities requests to appropriate staff.
- Additional clerical duties as needed.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements
- Excellent interpersonal skills and commitment to providing quality customer service
- Literate with proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook, ability to learn a membership database and good typing skills
- Competence in basic-level mathematics
- Ability to work independently, set priorities and handle multiple tasks
- Detail oriented
- Good oral and written communication skills
- High school or community college degree
- Lead by example; follow all NOJCC policies and procedures as defined in the NOJCC Handbook and as directed by Agency leadership.
- Basic awareness of Judaism and Jewish cultural norms and traditions.
This position requires to the ability to sit, stand, lift, bend, twist; remain in a stationary position, often standing or sitting for prolonged periods; move about to accomplish tasks; communicate with others to exchange information; repeating motions that may include the wrists, hands and/or fingers; work in an environment that noisy at times.
Salary Range: $15/hr to $16.50/hr