Location and Job Title:
Member and Guest Services Welcome Desk Supervisor
JCC of Greater Baltimore
3506 Gwynnbrook Ave
Owings Mills, MD 21117
Under the direct supervision of the Assistant Director of Member and Guest Services, the Member and Guest Services Welcome Desk Supervisor is primarily responsible for delivering best in class customer service to all members and guests at the JCC at the desk as well as supervising the desk staff in the Owings Mills building. In addition to being the primary contact point for Member Services on Saturdays, they will also provide support for the membership team as needed. This position is the first point of contact to all members and guests. In this role, this individual is responsible for being fully knowledgeable about the center and its programs/services, maintaining a welcoming warm attitude with members and potential members/guests, exemplifying professionalism, and ensuring adherence to the values and mission of the JCC.
Current hours: Tuesday-Friday 5:30 am to 2:00 pm and Saturday 9:30am-5:30pm
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for supervising and training all existing and incoming Welcome Desk staff in Owings Mills.
- Supervisory responsibilities include monitoring staff performance, documenting, and evaluating staff in the job duties.
- Represent the Membership Team by providing tours, answering phone calls, and processing memberships on Saturdays and when needed.
- Assists in administrative processes including updating lists, manuals and written policies at the desk.
- Maintains organization of front desk supplies and paperwork. Ensures the desk is clean and presentable for all entering the lobby.
- Participates in departmental and agency training, staff meetings, committees and special events if necessary.
- Maintains and enforces agency policies and procedures.
- Provides exceptional customer service to ensure member satisfaction and member appreciation. This includes smiling and greeting guests and members at the main entrance upon arrival and departure in the building. Ensure members scan their cards and all non-members follow appropriate check in procedure and use names when appropriate.
- Proactively and accurately respond to client needs.
- Assist members with inquiries, service, programs, sales, and event information.
- Assist member services in order to acquire new members and retain existing members.
- Become proficient in E-finistree, Easy Lobby and Group Ex Pro database.
- Take member pictures, scan ids, and issue membership cards.
- Be familiar with all security procedures including monitoring secured access doors and intercoms.
- Conduct point of sales transactions receiving payments and processing if needed, issues receipts. Reconcile money bag daily.
- Promote JCC programs and services.
- Provide consistent and reliable attendance. Responsible for finding adequate coverage for self and team members in a timely manner. Maintain staff schedule.
- Cover for team members if necessary.
- Demonstrate ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality in relation to members' personal information.
- Become familiar with membership processes and the paperwork necessary to service a membership sale.
- Process biweekly payroll for the team.
- Serves as a liaison between members and staff by communicating member concerns to proper departmental supervisors.
- Meet all JCC standards for professionalism in conduct and appearance at all times, ensuring everyone on the team is dressed in uniform.
- Consistently offer the highest level of personalized member service while maintaining a positive, enthusiastic, and helpful attitude and spirit. This should also be conveyed in all phone conversations. Professional phone etiquette is essential.
- Perform other duties as required or directed by member and guest services director.
- Run department meetings and supervision sessions with staff.
- Hire and recruit for department openings.
- During the opening of the outdoor fitness area in Owings Mills, Supervise the outdoor Welcome Desk.
- Be familiar with all covid check in procedures to step in if necessary.
- PPE wear (face mask) must be worn when necessary.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to moderate to loud noise levels.
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations must be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit or stand for long periods of time; use a computer; talk and hear. The employee may also be required to reach, grab and grip with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee may, at times, be required to lift, pull.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive, and incumbent will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by supervisor or other management as required. The JCC reserves the right to revise or change job duties as the needs arise. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
- Customer centered attitude, strong work ethic, positive attitude and kind demeanor.
- 2-4 years experience working in a supervisory capacity in customer service, sales oriented or hospitality positions.
- Possess exceptional interpersonal skills, communication skills and the ability to think critically.
- Effectively be able to multitask, operating both computer and phone simultaneously.
- Display interest in learning new processes and skills.
- Proficient with computers.
- Experience recruiting, hiring and job training.
25,000 - 35,000
JCC membership is like becoming a part of a family, everyone truly is welcome! Drop by and take a tour; you won't believe how many wonderful recreational, educational, social and cultural activities you will find here. There really is something for everyone! Members enjoy a wide variety of benefits including free group fitness classes and use of our Fitness Center, Aquatics Center, Parenting Center, Teen Center and Performing Arts Center. Special member rates save you money on many classes and events as well.