Location and Job Title:
JCC of Stamford
1035 Newfield Ave
Stamford, CT 06905
Dance Instructor, Performing Arts
The Stamford JCC Performing Arts Department is seeking a passionate and talented individual to join our dance faculty for the start of the 2023-2024 season. Styles of instruction include Ballet, Contemporary, Jazz, Tap, Musical Theater, and Creative Movement. Additional styles of expertise welcomed! Applicants must have a passion for working with children.
- Set up and break down dance studio before and after class (put away barres, open and lock up stereo, put away mats etc.)
- Arrive at least 20 minutes before class time for proper preparation
- Stay with children until all students have been picked up by parent or guardian.
- Sign students in and out of every class
- Teach age-appropriate dance technique
- Create a warm and supportive classroom environment for all students
- Choreograph a dance at the end of every semester demonstrating the skills learned (ages 3+)
- Participate in all Dance Department staff meetings and special events such as performances or dance class demonstrations.
- A minimum of one year of successful teaching experience in the performing arts, or experience student teaching in a university.
- Bachelor's Degree or higher with a concentration in dance, or 2 + years of professional dance experience.
- A strong background in dance technique, 10+ years of training.
- Must be able to collaborate & communicate well.
- Ability to liaise in a professional manner with parents and students.
- Must be proficient in dance and theatrical techniques; including but not limited to some of the following: Ballet, Jazz, Tap, Contemporary, Hip-Hop, Acting, Voice, Tech. Additional knowledge or talents appreciated.
The Stamford Jewish Community Center is a cultural, educational and recreational center, offering exceptional programs, classes and special events designed to enrich the mind, body and spirit. While we are driven by the Jewish values of welcoming guests, kindness, respect, and communal responsibility, we warmly welcome people of all ages, faiths, ethnicities and backgrounds.