Location and Job Title:
MEMBER SERVICES SUPPORT STAFF
The Jewish Community Center of Greater Columbus
1125 College Ave.
Columbus, OH 43209
Ensures the best possible member and guest satisfaction through a welcoming friendly and positive manner; receives and welcomes people as they enter the JCC either physically or via the telephone; confirms membership status; accurately manages point of sale transaction; triages deliveries and responds to member & guest inquiries. Communicates and works well with team mates and cross functional partners.
- Knowledge and Education - Minimum Required or Preferred: GED required, High School Diploma preferred
- Experience - Minimum Required or Preferred: 1+ year experience as a front desk receptionist, preferably in a hospitality environment
- Required Skills:
- Personable, diplomatic, & passionate about providing outstanding customer service
- Thrives on successfully communicating with a diverse population
- Highly organized & attentive to details
- Calmly multi-tasks
- Consistently maintains a high level of professionalism
- Proficient in the use of a computer & related software applications
- Proactive and solution oriented
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receive members and visitors to the JCC;
- Confirm membership status for passes and program registration;
- Keep membership database accurate and up-to-date.
- Sell and accurately complete sales transactions;
- Balance cash drawer accurately after each shift;
- Agency point of contact for Building Operations;
- Exceed expectations when providing members / visitors with requested information;
- Promptly refer member / visitor to appropriate staff &/or JCC department
- Deliver outstanding customer service in a friendly, polite and diplomatic manner;
- Give member / visitor needs and requests the highest priority
- Promote new programs to members and staff;
- Promptly and accurately direct all telephone inquiries;
- Call 911 and triage phone calls during emergency;
- Learn and maintain working knowledge of JCC emergency procedures plan;
- Receive, verify, and sign for deliveries; communicate delivery to JCC recipient;
- Provide accurate and timely back up support for agency's administrative overflow on an as needed basis.
The Jewish Community Center of Greater Columbus is a human service agency offering a varied program that is Jewish in nature. It is committed to enhancing the quality of individual and family life through the promotion of physical, intellectual and spiritual wellness. It provides educational and cultural programs that reflect the Jewish heritage, health related activities and many services to the community at large. Through its wide array of programs, the JCC pursues its mission of strengthening the individual, family and community.
The JCC nurtures a passion for Jewish learning and living. Through programs and services, the JCC provides comfortable and inviting environments in which the community can thrive.