Location and Job Title:
Camp Twelve Trails General Counselors
YM & YWHA of Washington Heights & Inwood
54 Nagle Ave
New York, NY 10040
Camp Twelve Trails Counselors are the heart and soul of camp. Counselors are responsible for the daily support of campers throughout the camp season. They are role models, leaders, educators, friends, and so much more. They participate with and support campers in all activities, in order to insure the best day for kids, each and every day. Great benefits for staff are provided including; lunch, access to our JCC fitness facilities, and salary bonuses.
Specific job duties:
- Along with your co-counselor, supervise 12-15 campers of all abilities and needs, during camp activities and provide the highest level of support and programming.
- Ensure for the health, safety, and welfare of all campers in any area or programs at camp.
- Full participation in all camp activities, including swim twice a day.
- Lead and/or assist in small and large group activities either within your group or in specialty areas.
- Participate in all camp meetings, activities and special programs.
- Model appropriate behavior to campers including on the bus to and from camp.
- Use positive behavior-management techniques with campers.
- Perform any other program or agency-related duties or special projects as directed by supervisor.
- Must be entering senior year of High school or equivalent;
- Previous experience working with children;
- Strong communication and problem solving skills.
- Ability to remain calm, patient and maintain perspective under pressure.
- Commitment to work collaboratively with others.
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to changing needs.
- Much be enthusiastic and demonstrate and desire to go the extra mile.
- Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
At Camp Twelve Trails we are dedicated to universally shared values central to Jewish life. Our proactive integration of these values into everything we do supports children of all backgrounds and helps them grow into better people. Our warm, welcoming culture fosters a vibrant camp community where we all look out for each other and take care of the world around us. Staff are central to carrying out this vision by crafting programs that are in line with our educational outcomes, beliefs, and providing positive, enthusiastic energy every day. We expect staff above all to deliver the wow!