Location and Job Title:
Sales Member Associate
Sid Jacobson JCC
300 Forest Dr
East Hills, NY 11548
POSITION PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
Under the direction of the Director of Membership, the Sales & Membership Associate is responsible for providing a superior level of customer service to Sid Jacobson JCC members, prospective members and guests. He/she/they will understand customer acquisition and retention, what motivates members and know how to tap into those needs and desires in an effective way.
- Provide engaging and informative tours of the JCC while encouraging individuals to become members
- Effectively communicate program information to potential and existing members to increase enrollment in membership and programs
- Conduct persuasive verbal sales presentations to prospective members
- Provide exceptional customer service
- Greet and ensure all members and guests feel welcome
- Respond to member questions and concerns in a timely and professional manner
- Assist new and renewing members with payments and receipts
- Assist members with online registration system (Quattro) and general help for account set up
- Utilize membership software to assist with processing of new membership fobs, change of address and billing/payment inquiries
- Work on a retention plan with supervisor and build relationships in and outside of the SJJCC to encourage corporate partnerships
- Participate in open houses and special events to bring prospective business to the JCC
- Build and promote strong, long-lasting relationships by affiliating with outside organizations, companies and firms in value-added partnerships
- Identify emerging markets and market shifts while being fully aware of new products and competition status
- Use all available resources to develop leads in the community to increase our membership
- Generate leads, both individual and corporate, and close new memberships
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- 1-2 years of Customer Service experience preferred.
- 3+ years' experience with proven ability to drive the sales process from plan to close. Nonprofit, community center, health and wellness club. or corporate sales experience preferred, but not required
- Superior interpersonal skills
- Ability to interact in a positive and professional way with members and colleagues, exceeding the member's expectations
- Organized and detailed oriented with the ability to adjust to changing deadlines quickly
- Proficient in Microsoft Office 2010, including Word, Excel and Outlook, as well as a working knowledge of multiple system databases and basic office equipment
- Ability to multi-task and remain calm during stressful situations.
- Punctuality and reliability is a must
- Ability to work a flexible schedule (some evenings, weekends and holidays)
- Driven and committed to success while maintaining integrity
- High school diploma/GED equivalent required
- Must be able to work within various degrees of noise, temperature and air quality. Flexibility and patience are required. Must be able to work under stressful conditions. Sitting, standing, lifting, pushing and/or pulling, and carrying (up to 10 pounds), reaching, squatting, climbing stairs, and kneeling may be required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Individual must be able to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds with assistance.
- Individual is frequently required to sit, stand, lift, squat, and kneel; reach with hands and arms, and see, talk, and hear.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Have normal hearing with or without device.
25,000 - 35,000
Sid Jacobson Jewish Community Center, the only full-service JCC on Long Island's North Shore, is dedicated to serving every aspect of community wellness, regardless of age or ability. We promote physical health through our cutting edge health and wellness center, while also providing for emotional and spiritual health through a variety of divorce, bereavement, and cancer support groups, as well as Jewish programming with our own staff rabbi. We broaden the horizons of our members of every age, from the youngest in infant and toddler day care to adult cultural programs to current events discussions for seniors. Sid Jacobson JCC also believes that everyone deserves to live a dignified existence, no matter what his or her condition. With this in mind, we offer programs for those with Alzheimer's disease and other chronic conditions, as well as programming for children and teens living with special needs.