Location and Job Title:
Adult Department Director
Betty & Milton Katz JCC
1301 Springdale Rd.
Cherry Hill, NJ 08003
The Adult Department at the Katz JCC offers a wide range of cultural, arts, education, recreation, social and health and wellness classes and events that cater to a diverse population. The Program Director is a position that reflects the growth and expansion of the JCC's programs. The successful candidate will be tasked with leading existing programs, creating new ones, and ensuring alignment between programs and the JCC's universal Jewish values and mission. This position will prioritize coordination and oversight of a wide variety of daily adult programs and activities.
This position is an exempt full time position.
The Adult Director will:
- Manage the daily operations of the Adult Department including programming, budgets, Library operations, strategic partnerships and overall wellbeing of the JCC's adult population.
- Supervisor and mentor, the Adult Department Staff.
- Develop and oversee department budget and forecasting and continually evaluate the programs and offerings to enhance revenue.
- Work closely with our grant writer to seek out new funding streams as it relates to the adult population.
- Work closely with primary funders and grant writer regarding reporting, creation, monitoring and meeting existing guidelines and expectations.
- Develop, coordinate, and implement a wide variety of daily in person and virtual programs and activities for adults of all ages to include certificate learning in partnership with local and regional colleges and universities and business professionals.
- Develop and coordinate a travel program to include regional, national and international travel opportunities for our adult community.
- Establish partnerships with area businesses and service providers to enhance the JCC adult department.
- Develop a community volunteer program in partnership with other JCC departments and Federation agencies.
- Develop, implement and manage an older adult lunch offering for the JCC community and our surrounding regional community.
- Increase and engage members in new innovative programs and opportunities and develop and implement a robust ongoing marketing plan.
- Participate in regular supervisory meetings, conferences, agency and staff development activities, special events and internal staff meetings.
- Bachelor's degree and/or Master's degree in social work preferred or 3-5 years' experience working with adult populations.
- Passion and experience in working with diverse adults of all ages.
- A collaborator who brings enthusiasm and a positive attitude, outgoing and friendly
- Working knowledge of organizing and implementing innovative programs and activities
- Ability to initiate innovative programs and to supervise and motivate paid and volunteer staff.
- Ability to multitask in a fast pace, engaging environment.
- Ability to make public presentations to community groups for continual exposure, education, and recruitment of volunteers and programs for the Adult Center
- Ability to communicate both orally and in writing.
- Ability to work with internal departments to ensure departmental success.
- Computer proficient in Microsoft Office, Zoom, Google Docs ,and social media.
- C.P.R. and First Aid Certification or willingness to certify.
- Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at time of hire or provide documentation of exemption.
- Strong Organizational Skills and Attention to Detail
- Demonstrated capability to conduct oneself in a calm and professional demeanor when dealing with the public and/or with demanding situations.
- Demonstrated capability to effectively communicate orally and in writing.
- Ability to work well with a diverse group of staff and volunteers.
- Working with various departmental staff to create and bring to life a vision for an intentional integration of arts, culture, and physical health exercise into our existingadult programs.
- Tracking participant engagement and identifying trends within and across programs.
- Assess the needs and desires of our community members, identify long-term and short-term program goals and outputs, execute well-planned programs and activities, and implement ongoing improvements in wellness and enrichment programs/activities.
- Ensuring alignment of program goals with JCC values and communication of key messages
- Develop evaluation processes to ensure programs remain relevant, innovative, integrated, and evolving from year to year.
- Identify third party grant and fundraising opportunities to enhance the budget and provide new opportunities.
$55,000 - $65,000
The Katz JCC houses a double gymnasium, 2 indoor pools, 2 outdoor pools, 2
elevators, 4 group wellness rooms, a state-of-the art fitness center with
cardio and strength training equipment, 2 full size gymnasiums, a 16-room early
childhood center with an Imaginarium climbing play structure, teen and adult
lounges, a kosher caf?, a physical therapy facility, an art gallery, a library,
a 5,000 square foot social hall & an XRKADE interactive exer-gaming studio.
The Katz JCC operates the largest Jewish Day Camp in North America, with an
annual, average enrollment of 1,600 campers. The JCC Camps is located in
Medford, NJ and has exceptional facilities.
The JCC ACHaD special needs department provides social and recreational
activities ranging from a basketball league to Jewish holiday celebration for
both children & adults with physical and mental disabilities.
The JCC Membership serves 14,000 members that range from infants, to
children and teens, to active adults to the frail elderly.
Our nationally accredited Sari Isdaner Early Childhood Department serves
over 300 children in full and half day programs from infants and toddlers to
Just 4 Kids After School Program serves over 100 elementary and
middle-school aged children from over 20 local schools.
JCC Festival of Arts, Books & Culture brings authors, entertainers and
speakers to the community. Annual attendance is approximately 10,000 people.
Sun National Bank Junior Maccabi Basketball League serves 400 children,
kindergarten through 9th grade.
Senior Congregate Meal Program serves over 100 hot kosher meals to seniors
5 days per week as well as a cure for loneliness.
Kidsland serves families in the Delaware valley with a day of hands-on fun
and entertainment including some health & safety workshops.
The Annual Sports Award Dinner attracts major professional athletes as
speakers and recognizes local leaders.