Location and Job Title:
YM & YWHA of Washington Heights & Inwood
54 Nagle Ave
New York, NY 10040
Reporting to the Controller, the Financial Analyst will contribute to the efficiency and effectiveness of the Accounting Department. The Financial Analyst will be responsible for all General Accounting Functions for multiple state and city funded programs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Own the accounts payable process for government funded programs, from receiving and inputting invoices into the accounting system, obtaining proper approvals, printing/mailing checks and responding to all vendor inquiries
- Ensure that required forms are properly collected from each vendor.
- Review vendor invoices and work with vendors to fix any discrepancies discovered.
- Own the accounts receivable process for government funded programs, from creating invoices into the accounting system through collections
- Invoice according to each agency's guidelines
- Prepare and reconcile bank statements monthly
- Cash Receipt preparation and general ledger posting
- Compile data for budget preparation in accordance with each agency's fiscal manual
- Monitor spending per budgets and reimbursement guidelines
- Record monthly and periodic journal entries
- Assist in year-end Audit and quarterly financial reviews
- Prepare reports and track data as scheduled and upon request
- Prepare and post monthly income for government funded programs in GL
- $55,000 - $65,000 annually
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) and competitive benefits package:
- Health Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Optional 403b Plan
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Commuter Benefit Plan
- Full-time, non-exempt, 40 hours per week
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other functions and responsibilities may change or may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
YM & YWHA of Washington Heights & Inwood provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
- Bachelor's degree in finance or accounting required
- 1-3 years of relevant accounting experience; government billing experience preferred
- Detail-oriented and organized
- Proficient in MS Excel and Word
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong time management and multi-tasking abilities
- Experience with accounting software is a plus
- Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19
$55,000 - $65,000
Established in 1917 as one of the first Jewish community centers in New York City, the YM & YWHA of Washington Heights and Inwood (the Y) is a thriving and visionary not-for-profit human services organization in Northern Manhattan. We welcome people of diverse ethnicities and all ages, from pre-school to older adults, into the Y family with a wide range of educational, recreational and social services and programs that focus on improving the quality of their lives. With a long and distinguished history, the Y is a multi-service community center that is well known for its nurturing environment and non-judgmental philosophy.