Location and Job Title:
Corporate Relations and Major Gifts Director
Staenberg-Loup Jewish Community Center
350 South Dahlia Street
Denver, CO 80246
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to Cathy Sanders at firstname.lastname@example.org
As our Corporate Relations and Major Gifts Director, you are responsible for sourcing and securing vital revenue streams and key external partnerships, which allow us to achieve our mission and maximize our impact in the community.
Role and Responsibilities
- Help our donors accomplish their philanthropic goals and ambitions through a relationship with our organization
- Develop and execute a corporate giving plan to meet the JCCs annual corporate giving goals.
- Solicit corporate sponsorships for special events and other programs
- Generate new ideas that increase revenue and donor loyalty
- Collaborate with the Chief Development Officer to develop a multi-year growth strategy that anticipates major corporate giving cycles to ensure the advancement and sustainability of corporate support over time.
- Engage the local business community including current JCC vendors, to raise funds and resources for the Js mission and programs, providing proposals and presentations when requested.
- Schedule meetings, develop relationships, and create strategies to secure major gifts from corporate supporters in collaboration with the Chief Development Officer.
- Carry a portfolio of major giving prospective donors in addition to corporate donors.
- Report on program progress to senior management
Other Duties/Responsibilities Required
- Maintain long-term relationships with existing donors
- Identify and build relationships with new and prospective donors
- Manage systems and software to track and cultivate donors and prospects, including our donor database
- Make direct, face-to-face solicitations because you enjoy asking for support
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Bachelors degree required.
- At least 9 years of experience and a proven record of accomplishment of fundraising success, particularly in corporate giving.
- Initiating and completing projects is right up your alley. You know how to make timely, effective, and ethical decisions. You embody the entrepreneurial spirit. You are a self-starter who constructs creative solutions and opens doors to new donor relationships.
- You actively and constantly listen to all constituents, focus especially on donor needs, and know how to identify mutual benefits. You communicate excellently and compel audiences through writing and speaking.
- You have a team mentality and want to work in an inclusive and accepting atmosphere where all team members work on shared goals.
Physical/Mental Requirements (ADA Compliance)
There will be some light physical demands (i.e. spending hours listening and talking; working on the computer and phone; driving to appointments and events; lifting light pieces of equipment and materials; and occasionally working long days, nights or weekends).
This full-time position is benefits-eligible. The JCC contributes a portion of medical, dental and vision plan premiums and pays for Basic Life Insurance & AD&D, Short-Term Disability and Long-Term Disability. There are additional voluntary benefit plans available. The JCC has a 401(K) Plan available for elective deferral contributions for employees over 21 years of age, with no waiting period. Paid Time Off is a day-one benefit, accrued based on years of service and in compliance with the Colorado Healthy Families & Workplaces Act.
Note: This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive statement of every duty and responsibility which will ever be required of an employee in this position; however, the employee will be held responsible for all duties assigned.
The Jewish Community Center values diversity and inclusiveness and is an equal opportunity employer
$85,000 - $95,000
Celebrating its 100th year in the Denver community, the Staenberg-Loup Jewish Community Center is a vibrant and inclusive family and social gathering place that provides educational, cultural and recreational programs to serve and strengthen the community, guided by timeless Jewish values.