Location and Job Title:
Executive Assistant to the President & CEO
520 8th Ave
New York, NY 10018
The Executive Assistant to the President and CEO provides comprehensive administrative and operational support to the President and CEO while working to optimize the performance and efficiency of the Executive Office. Working as the gatekeeper and gateway to an in-demand President and CEO, dynamic position requires the ability to anticipate needs, think critically, and offer solutions to problems with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality.
Successful candidates will thrive working in a fast-paced environment and confidently act on behalf of the President and CEO to prioritize, troubleshoot and manage a busy schedule and travel calendar.
To apply please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Administrative Support
- Provide sophisticated calendar management. Prioritize inquiries and requests while troubleshooting conflicts; make judgements and recommendations to ensure smooth day-to-day engagements.
- Complete a broad variety of administrative tasks, including but not limited to: assisting with special projects; transcribing and composing correspondence; collecting and preparing information for meetings with staff and outside parties; screening incoming mail and phone calls; maintaining contact lists and executive files; completing expense reports in a timely manner.
- Manage all domestic and international travel arrangements and itineraries; maintain and update travel-related documents.
- Keep the President and CEO well informed of upcoming meeting and events, assist in preparing and following up accordingly.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for internal and external constituencies, including those of a highly confidential or critical nature.
- Transcribe and disseminate weekly and special communications to JCC Association Board, JCC Executives, JCC Presidents and JCC Association staff.
- Attend select meetings, taking notes/minutes, capturing action items, and ensuring follow through.
- Assure that the CEO manages his time and remains on schedule.
- Maximizing Efficiency of the Executive Office
- Schedule weekly senior staff meetings and periodic senior staff retreats/off-sites; supporting travel logistics; assisting in compiling agenda items for weekly senior staff team meetings and all staff meetings.
- Provide a bridge for smooth communication between the President's office and internal departments; demonstrate leadership to maintain credibility, trust, and support with JCC Association senior management staff.
- Remain attentive to issues that might arise among staff within the workplace and keep the President and CEO informed as needed
- Oversee and follow up on issues and concerns as directed by the President, including those of a sensitive and confidential nature, establishing appropriate course of action, referral, or response.
- Manages a variety of special projects as directed by the President and CEO, including:
- Work independently and as part of a team on various projects. Act as a project manager for special projects at the request of the President, which may include planning and coordinating multiple presentations, disseminating information, and organizing events.
- Follow-through on projects. Prioritize as necessary; handle matters expeditiously, and proactively to ensure successful completion.
- Perform other related duties, responsibilities and tasks as assigned.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
JCC Association offers a competitive salary and benefits package including:
- Medical and dental insurance
- Eight paid legal holidays and up to 13 paid Jewish holidays. In addition, the office closes early on the eve of three Jewish holidays.
- Paid vacation
- Sick leave, family leave, medical leave, jury duty leave, and bereavement leave
- Flexible benefit plan
- Commuter benefit plan
- Short- and long-term disability insurance
- Life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance, supplemental life insurance
- Retirement plan
JCC Association is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to treating people with compassion and respect. All qualified applications will be considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy, disability, mental disorder, familial status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic as established by law.
To apply please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com
- Excellent planning, organization and coordination skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with an impeccable attention to detail.
- Ability to complete a high volume of tasks and projects with little or no guidance.
- Excellent time-management and problem-solving skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to comfortably interact and build relationships with a broad range of people including major donors, board members, JCC Executives and JCC Association staff.
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of customer/client service and response.
- Ability to react with appropriate levels of urgency to situations and events that require quick response or turnaround.
- Proficiency in Windows, MS Outlook, Word, Excel, Teams, and knowledge of PowerPoint.
- Transcription skills are necessary.
- Ability to work beyond normal business hours as needed with little advance notice.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree and /or equivalent experience.
- A minimum of 5-7 years of executive support experience, including supporting C-level executives in fast-paced environment.
- Familiarity with nonprofits, the American Jewish community and/or national organizations is a plus
- This position is based in New York City with the expectation of regular work in the office.
- Unrestricted authorization to work in the U.S. without holding a visa or sponsorship is required.
$75,000 - $85,000
JCC Association of North America leads and connects the JCC Movement, advancing and enriching North American Jewish life. With 1.5 million people walking through the doors of more than 170 Jewish Community Centers and Jewish Community Camps (JCCs) each week, the JCC Movement is the largest platform for Jewish engagement on the continent. JCC Association, the convening organization of this dynamic network, partners with JCCs to bring together the collective power and knowledge of the entire JCC Movement, including 12,000 full-time and 41,000 part-time and seasonal professionals. By supporting them, together we enhance and strengthen Jewish life throughout North America. Learn more at JCCA.org or on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter..