Location and Job Title:
Chief Executive Officer
JCC of Mid-Westchester
999 Wilmot Rd
Scarsdale, NY 10583
The JCC of Mid-Westchester seeks a strategic leader to serve as its next Chief Executive Officer. JCCMW is a multi-generational center in Westchester. It supports the community by offering outstanding human services, educational, cultural and recreational programs within and beyond its walls. Their programs are grounded in Jewish values and are welcome to all!
The new CEO will join JCCMW at a moment of great opportunity, helping to shape the organization and its future as it emerges from the COVID-19 pandemic. The new CEO will lead the organization in making critical decisions about the future of the JCC, providing vision and strategy for how best to serve the community in a rapidly evolving and dynamic landscape.
Strategy & Vision
- In partnership with the Board of Directors, develop a future focused vision and strategy for the JCC that responds to the needs of the community while ensuring excellence in the JCCs portfolio of programs and services.
Fundraising & External Engagement
- Serve as a key spokesperson, ambassador and champion of JCCMW to the Westchester and greater Jewish community.
- Work with the Board and development team to scale up fundraising and capitalize on the great opportunities in the Westchester area. Work with the Board and development team to articulate a clear fundraising message.
Management & Operations
- Foster collegiality and effectiveness, strengthening organizational capacity both within the JCC and with other organizations to meet the needs of the community and achieve common goals.
- Oversee a passionate staff over a diverse portfolio of value-added services and programs areas to best serve and engage the community.
- Manage both the physical and virtual building, ensuring needs are met.
- Ensure the financial stability and integrity of JCCMW through responsible budgeting, planning and stewardship of the staff and the building.
Board & Staff Relations
- Foster the cohesive collaboration of the staff.
- Develop appropriate communication protocols and transparency between the Board, the staff, and the community.
- Partner with the Board in the development of strategies and tactics that increase revenue.
Pivotal Experience & Expertise
- Strategy & Vision Experience creating an innovative vision, defining priorities and strategy to drive an organization forward and creating greater impact; experience and/or ability to creatively envision future landscapes and lead others to adapt to changing environments.
- Stakeholder Engagement and Development Ability to partner with a volunteer Board of Directors. Demonstrated ability and aptitude to raise money from individuals, corporations, foundations, and government agencies; ability to be entrepreneurial/innovative in this arena.
- Operations and Management Over 10 years of management experience at a similar scale; experience working directly with a Board.
- Innovative & Entrepreneurial - Approaches challenges using innovative and out-of-the-box ideas to create solutions.
- Collaborator Proven collaborator and consensus builder; ability to drive collaboration across internal departments and with the Board; ability to establish and cultivate new partnerships with other organizations.
- Ambassador Empathic, approachable and energetic ambassador to the community who can inspire and energize internal and external constituents and build community.
- Communicator Strong communication skills with the ability to message effectively to constituents of all kinds.
- On our own and in partnership with other organizations, we create classes, events and programs of excellence that educate, inform, challenge and engage people of all ages from newborns to seniors including programs that:
- Value the role of arts and culture in enriching our lives
- Appreciate the importance of strengthening and caring for our bodies, nourishing our souls and challenging our minds
- Support the State of Israel and educate the community about Israels land, government and people
- Work to end hate, including antisemitism and racism
- Respect the environment and acknowledge that natural resources can be rare and valuable
- We serve and welcome a diverse group of families and individuals including those with special needs and wide- ranging identities, talents and abilities.
- We approach our work and programs through a Jewish lens that cherishes our values and traditions and convenes the diverse opinions and beliefs of the community in a respectful and welcoming environment. This includes our aspiration to:
- Model and teach these values especially to future generations
- Prioritize the values of Charity (Tzedukah), human dignity and equality (Btzelem Elohim) and Repairing the World (Tikuun Olam) in all programming
- Value the peace of the Sabbath and the beauty of the Jewish holidays that can be expressed by people in different ways
- We recognize the diverse nature of Jewish lives in Westchester and acknowledge Jews in all forms and religiosity. We also aim to:
- Help to convene Jewish and other community agencies to offer a full range of experiences for the community
- Recognize the essential role that Westchester synagogues play in the community and work in collaboration with them for the betterment of the community
- Welcome interfaith families
- We are aware that fiscal responsibility is key to maintaining the level of excellence that we expect of ourselves. We strive to make our programs available to everyone through financial support where needed.
- We strive to create the comfort and belonging of home, a place where our patrons and staff would like to return. We offer a safe, respectful and secure environment for our families and employees.
The JCC of Mid-Westchester offers a variety of community programs and services:
Children and Teens JCCMW offers high quality programming and learning opportunities from infancy through adolescence. Youth programming includes gymnastics, dance, and swim, a sought-after nursery school including a state-funded special needs curriculum, camps and summer programs, and teen youth group and volunteer opportunities.
Adults Through the JCCs adult program, community members of all backgrounds have opportunities to discover and nurture new and existing passions, develop friendships and grow intellectually and physically.
Jewish Culture - The JCC celebrates its Jewish culture throughout the year from a Sukkot in the fall, to its Nursery School Shabbats, to the June Israeli Film Festival. Many of JCCMWs adult programs highlight Jewish authors, academics and journalists.
Fitness, Sports, and Aquatics - JCCMW offers health and fitness options to suit any body at any age at any level of fitness. From state-of-the-art gyms, a pool, a gymnastics program, and a Pilates studio, supported by experienced, highly qualified personal trainers. The JCC supports community members across the full spectrum of health and fitness needs.
Annual operating budget ~$9M
JCCMW is a proud partner of UJA-Federation of New York.
JCC of Mid-Westchester is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified candidates without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.